Tri 4 Schools offers grants for large-scale school-based initiatives each year. We also offer scholarships to athletes in our community who have financial need.
School Funds Grant
The funds for this grant are made possible through our race entry fee revenue. One quarter of our annual race entry fees are distributed to 3-5 schools to fund large-scale initiatives that would not otherwise be possible.
Some examples of winning grant proposals:
- Westside Elementary: Westside implemented mindfulness curriculum and equipment into all of their classrooms, helping their students (many of whom come from high-stress environments and situations) focus, reduce stress, and self regulate for optimal classroom learning.
- Waunakee Elementary Schools: Waunakee purchased a railyard fitness system (see images to the left) for all three of their elementary schools, which is inclusive of students of all abilities and fitness levels.
- Glacier Creek Middle School: GCMS implemented active classroom tools, like stability balls, pedals for seated desks, and balance boards and discs.
- Marshall Elementary: Marshall purchased a new, high tech pedometer system to help kids track their movement and steps all day long, and see their results immediately. We all can identify with the motivation that comes from achieving your health goals, and this will introduce kids to the concept of daily movement.
- MMSD: We helped all of Madison’s elementary schools with their rollerblading unit, an annual favorite unit in phy-ed class, by purchasing new elbow and knee pads. We hope this will help keep kids safe while moving!
- Schenk Elementary: Schenk is in the process of updating and renovating their playground and recess spaces, and we funded two new rolling carts, stocked with all the coolest recess equipment kids would want!
We will begin accepting applications for our 2018 School Grants on October 1, 2018. Applications are due by 5pm on Monday, October 22nd, and can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. No late proposals will be accepted.
Please adhere to the following guidelines when applying for a grant from the Tri 4 Schools Race Entry Fund:
- Projects should fund school-based health/wellness, fitness, or nutrition-focused efforts.
- The grant awarded will be between $1,000 and $5,000, with total funds available determined by September 1, 2018.
- This grant is intended for projects benefiting children between the ages of 3-14.
- Funds must be used for a project that will be completed within the academic year in which it is awarded.
Our 2018 application will be published by September 1st, 2018. You can view the 2017 application below for reference (it will likely be similar for 2018).
Any child who qualifies for free or reduced lunch at school automatically qualifies for a free entry to a Tri 4 Schools event. And, we’ll still make a donation to their school to keep them moving! Just fill out our Contact Form with the event you’d like to register for, and we’ll provide you with an online access code.