Thank you to everyone who made our third annual kisd triathlon a sucess! We will have information on our 2019 triathlon as soon as we confirm dates and facility availability.
Looking for your 2018 results? CLICK HERE.
Registration is now CLOSED.
Cancellation, Refund, and Deferral Policy
We do offer partial discounts for those canceling during our cancellation periods.
If you need to cancel your registration for any reason, a discount code for 75% of your race registration fee will be offered until 21 days prior to the race date. No discounts codes will be given within 21 days before the event.
Discount codes can be used to register for another Tri 4 Schools event and will be valid for 12 months after the event date.
You may also defer your entry to another Tri 4 Schools event within 21 days of the Sun Prairie triathlon. This costs $5 and is valid for another event within 12 months.
2018 Tri 4 Schools Kids Triathlon Pricing Information
Looking to sign up for Exercise to Achievement? For more information and to register, check it out here.
Want to have your t-shirt & correct size guaranteed? Want your name on your race bib? Please register by JUNE 7th.
|Category||Until 05/25/2018 at 11:59pm||From 5/26/2018 until 6/20/2018 at 11:59pm||Race Weekend Pricing – NO T-SHIRT GUARANTEED|
|Individual – a $5 discount is automatically given for 2 or more kids registered.||$25.00||$30.00||$35.00|
|2 person relay team||$45.00||$50.00||$55.00|
|3 person relay team||$60.00||$65.00||$70.00|
|Family Day Water Park Pass – with meals (valid on 6/23 only) – 2 Adults, 2 Kids||$70.00||$70.00||$70.00|
|Family Day Water Park Pass – with meals (valid on 6/23 only) – 2 Adults, 4 Kids||$90.00||$90.00||$90.00|
|Individual Day Water Park Pass – with meal (valid on 6/23 only)||$17.00||$17.00||$17.00|
|Family Day Water Park Pass – no meal
(valid on 6/23 only) – 2 Adults, 2 Kids
|Family Day Water Park Pass – no meal
(valid on 6/23 only) – 2 Adults, 4 Kids
|Individual Day Water Park Pass – no meal (valid on 6/23 only)||$10.00||$10.00||$10.00|
Scholarships Available! If your child would like to participate in the Tri 4 Schools Kids Triathlon and will require financial assistance to enter, please contact our Race Director at email@example.com. For those who register at least two weeks out from the race, we can work with sponsors to find a bike or running shoes for your child if needed.
Dolphin’s Cove Waterpark
Dolphin’s Cove is a private outdoor waterpark located at Prairie Athletic Club. All athletes will receive a complimentary pass with their registration! If you’d like to make it a whole day of healthy, outdoor fun, consider purchasing waterpark passes during registration or at packet pick-up. For more information on this great facility, please visit their website. Pricing information can be found in the table above, and tickets can be purchased online during registration.
The Tri 4 Schools race will be held at Prairie Athletic Club in Sun Prairie and surrounding neighborhood. Safety is our primary concern so we may create a fun race for all participants!
The swim for the modified medium, standard medium, and long course will be held in the indoor lap pool at Prairie Athletic Club. We will use lane lines to help keep kids going in one direction safely and smoothly, and athletes will cross under the lane lines as they “snake” across the pool. Athletes will start and end in a depth above their head (approximately 10 feet). Please note that flotation devices are NOT allowed in the middle and long course.
Flotation devices are allowed for the short course, which will take place in the children’s pool (with water slide) and the water will be no more than 2.5ft deep. Noodles will also be allowed in the modified medium course.
In case of rain, the race will continue unless it is deemed to be unsafe by local authorities on the morning of the race. Please check back on our race site prior to race day to check in on weather updates!
Check out the printable maps here:
Parents/guardians: your child must be comfortable in a pool to participate. ONLY children who are registered in the short or modified medium courses can use a flotation device such as a noodle or kickboard. Lifeguards can temporarily assist them if needed, but they cannot pull your child through the water for the duration of the swim course. Please work with your children on being comfortable in the water, or consider making a relay team with a more experienced swimmer. Thank you for your cooperation!
The bike course will take place on neighborhood streets surrounding Prairie Athletic Club. We will have volunteers, signage, and police-controlled intersections helping children and neighborhood citizens stay safe during the event. Training wheels are allowed for this race!
Check out the printable bike course maps here.
Short Course Bike Route
The short course bike route is an out/back on Fitness Run, turning around at Millrun Circle.
- From the “Bike Out” of transition, turn left on Fitness Run.
- Athletes will turn around at the intersection of Fitness Run and Millrun Circle.
- Turn right into the Prairie Athletic Club parking lot and enter the “Bike In” area of transition.
Med/Long Course Bike Route
The medium and long course route takes place on residential streets, and includes a loop for long course athletes at the intersection of Fitness Run and Grandview Drive.
- From the “Bike Out” of transition, turn left on Fitness Run.
- Turn right on Grandview Drive.
- Turn left on Crossing Ridge Trail.
- Turn right on Sandridge Trail.
- Turn left on Kuhle Drive.
- Turn left on Terrace Chase.
- Turn left on Pebblebrook Trail, which turns in to Stonewood Crossing.
- Turn left on Circle Drive.
- Turn left on Fitness Run.
- At this point, long course athletes will complete another loop of the bike course by turning left onto Grandview Drive.
- Medium course athletes will continue straight down Fitness Run and turn right into the Prairie Athletic Club parking lot.
You can view the Sun Prairie Run Course maps here.
The short course run is an “out and back” that takes place within the parking lot of Prairie Athletic Club
The medium course run takes place on the sidewalk surrounding Prairie Athletic Club and Tower Drive. The course takes a right turn on Fitness Run and then athletes will run on the right side of the road back to the finish within the Prairie Athletic Club campus.
Long Course Run
The long course run starts with the same path as the medium course run, but athletes will turn left at the intersection of Fitness Run and Tower Drive and complete a loop that turns around on Millrun Cir. Athletes will be running against bike traffic, in accordance with normal laws.
The area is divided into three sections according to race distance, and will have color-coded signs with names of fruits on them to help children remember where their belongings are located. You will place your bike, shoes, helmet, water bottle, and any other items you need during the bike and run portions of the race here prior to going to the pool for the swim start. We highly encourage those new to triathlon to attend our Friday evening course talk so we can share strategies for ensuring a successful transition experience!
The divisions and distances are still being measured, but approximately distances are listed below. Please note that kids can choose the most appropriate distance for them, regardless of age:
|Short (rec. ages 3-6)||25 yards (one length)||.5 mile||.25 mile|
|Modified Medium||25 yards (one length)||2.25 miles||.5 mile|
|Medium (rec. ages 7-10)||50 yards (two lengths)||2.25 miles||.5 mile|
|Long (rec. ages 11-14)||100 yards (four lengths)||4.5 miles||1 mile|
The race will be held at the Prairie Athletic Club – 1010 N. Bird Street, Sun Prairie, WI, 53590.
A parking map and recommended lots for each distance can be found here. A few key items to note:
- Parking in the PAC lot will be reserved for members wishing to exercise that day, not triathlon participants
- A drop zone will allow you to drop off kids,bikes, and equipment directly next to transition and the registration area. See the Drop Zone map for more details.
- Participants will be encouraged to park at CH Bird Elementary school, just north of Prairie Athletic Club, as well as streets indicated on the parking map
Please avoid parking on the streets being used for the race, as those roads will be closed for the duration of the race and you will not be able to exit.
2018 Parking Flow
Drop Zone – For those who wish to drop off athletes and gear before parking
Parking Map with lot options and notes
We will have Sun Prairie EMS on site near the finish line and out on the bike course. The medical staff will provide aid for minor injuries, such as bee stings, cuts, and scrapes. However, in the event of bike crashes or other severe injuries, and medical transport is necessary, participants may be billed by Sun Prairie EMS for services rendered. Any questions or concerns can be directed to the City of Sun Prairie’s website. Please contact your insurance provider for questions on what is reimbursable by your carrier.
Our 2018 site map is posted below. You can print this out here: SP 2018 Printable Site Map
We will also have copies available at our Friday packet pick-up.
Key Things to Remember:
- When the transition area is closed, no one may enter or exit. This is for the safety of competing athletes and athletes/spectators waiting to enter the area. We will periodically open the transition area for placement and removal of your equipment.
- Please arrive one hour before your race is scheduled to start. Start times are estimated and we cannot hold waves for athletes who have not yet arrived. This will allow you time to get aclimated to your environment and the race layout.
- Consider picking up your packet on Friday night to save you time on Saturday!
Friday, June 22nd – Prairie Athletic Club, 1010 N. Bird Street, Sun Prairie, WI 53590
|4:30pm||Packet pick-up opens|
|5:00pm||Course Talk and Transition Area tips|
|5:45pm||Course Talk and Transition Area tips|
|6:30pm||Packet pick-up ends|
Saturday, June 23rd – Prairie Athletic Club
|7:00am||Packet pick-up and transition area open|
|7:30am||Course Talk, Relay Team prep, and Transition Area tips|
|8:30am||Long course race begins|
|9:30am||Estimated start time for medium distance race (modified medium immediately to follow)|
|9:45am||Estimated award ceremony for long course race|
|10:30am||Estimated start time for short course race|
|10:45am||Estimated award ceremony for middle distance race|
|11:00am||Estimated award ceremony for short course race|
|12:00pm||Estimated race end|
Here are the rules we will follow for our race. These are in place for the safety of all of our participants, spectators, and volunteers!
- Bike helmets must be worn on the bike course and should be buckled BEFORE leaving the transition area, as well as at all times when a participant is riding their bike. All helmets should be approved by the US Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC).
- Your bike must be safe enough to ride. We will have a bike maintenance crew available before the race, but if you have time, get your bike a tune-up at your local bike shop. Remember, it’s okay to use training wheels for this race!
- Participants that wish to use kickboards or a water noodle will be able to do so for the swim portion of the race ONLY IF THEY ARE REGISTERED IN THE SHORT COURSE. No inflatable flotation devices will be allowed.
- Children ages six and under will be allowed one parent in the transition area to help them. Any child ages seven and older must be able to get themselves through the transition area on their own.
- Participants are not allowed to wear headphones on any portion of the race course.
- Unsportsmanlike conduct will not be tolerated and will result in a disqualification. Remember, respect earns respect!
- Race numbers must be worn on your front on the run course. It is optional to wear your race number on the bike course.
The Tri 4 Schools Kids Triathlon has both a two and three person relay team division. What this means, is that you can team up with one or two friends to complete the triathlon. Relay teams will complete the same distance as individual competitors, but will choose the leg (or legs) of the race where they are strongest.
For example, one person could do the swim, another could do the bike, and a third could do the run. With a two person team, one person could do the swim, and the other could do the biking and running (or any other combination of the three legs). A timing chip is passed between the team members to record your time. Only one team member should complete each event (for example, all team members do not need to bike or run). This is a great option if your child is not a strong swimmer – just find a friend that likes to swim and you are ready to go!
A meeting will be held the morning of the race to help relay teams understand where they need to be in the transition area.
All participants will receive finisher medals. The top three athletes in each age category and gender will receive a trophy, as well as the top three finishers (boys and girls) who are competing in a distance longer than the recommended distance for their age – 10 and under (Long Course), and 6 and under (Medium and Modified Medium Course).
For our relay participants, the top team in each race distance will receive awards: short, middle, and long distance.
Award ceremonies will take place at approximately 9:45 for our long distance race, 10:30 for our middle distance race, and 11:15 for our short distance race.
Finally, we have two special awards: one which will be awarded to the school with the most participants for our Middleton event; and our Fittest School Award, which will be presented at the school with the most participants over the course of our race season. You can display it proudly until the following year!
Our 2018 results are posted HERE. Our 2017 results are posted HERE. Our 2016 results are posted HERE. We are honored to have photos from SutterChase Studios for the 2018 kids triathlon. Athletes will be able to download a web-friendly image after the race, with the option to buy high-resolution images from the SutterChase website. Please see the handout in your athlete’s goody bag for more information.
Our 2018 results are posted HERE.
Our 2017 results are posted HERE.
Our 2016 results are posted HERE.
We are honored to have photos from SutterChase Studios for the 2018 kids triathlon. Athletes will be able to download a web-friendly image after the race, with the option to buy high-resolution images from the SutterChase website. Please see the handout in your athlete’s goody bag for more information.